September 2014 – 1971 MGB GT V8
Having searched unsuccessfully for over a year for a good factory GTV8, I decided to have one built to my specification in a new Heritage bodyshell, so I approached CCHL in 2011 and arranged to be put on the waiting list for this to be done. The car was finally delivered in December 2013. The specification I chose is as follows:
– New Heritage BGT bodyshell, painted in Pewter Silver (same as the last LE BGTs)
– Rover SD1 spec engine, 175 bhp
– Rover LT77 5-speed gearbox
– Dual circuit brakes, with Willwood 4-pot callipers and vented discs
Click for more history >>
– Bilstein telescopic damper front suspension
– Frontline multi-link rear suspension with coil-over telescopic dampers and Panhard rod
– 15″ Minilite wheels
– Custom dark red leather interior
The car is fitted with the OE carburettor setup rather than FI, and has RV8 extractor manifolds and exhaust, and a 1-2-3 electronic computerised distributor.
Naturally, the car goes very well, and just needs some fine weather this year so that I can put some miles on the clock attending various MG events.
Owner: Adrian Bennett
Make/model: MGB GT V8
Month/year of manufacture: 1971
Colour: Pewter Silver Metallic
Engine size/type: 3500cc V8 Rover SD1
BHP: 175 approx.
Top speed: 135 mph?
Gearbox type: Rover 5-speed LT77
Area: icester, Oxon
Date purchased: 2012/13